Friday, August 9, 2019

The Friday Link for 8/9/19

I'm trying to jam as much of the summer in as possible, hence a light blog.  This year, my oldest son is a senior.  Next summer I know he won't be able to do the fun things we've done for the last 18 years.  I'm cherishing every day I have.  My priorities are in line.

On my show today, during the conversation about Kid Rock attacking Taylor Swift for her political views, a caller pointed out Kid Rock is a complete fraud.  His poor white working class image is a complete fabrication.  He didn't start off as trailer park trash.  He was born into a family who owned numerous car dealerships in wealthy suburban Detroit, where he lived on a six acre estate with an apple orchard and horses.  You know, from the mean streets!

This reminded me of two videos which I've posted before, but are so worth revisiting.  Tonight's Friday Link is the very funny David Cross' exceptional takedown of Larry the Cable Guy, another person who occasionally seems to become lost in his made up, on stage persona, at times choosing that 'reality' as opposed to who he really is.

Hey success is success, but before you paint yourself as some street wise kid who made it on their own, make sure you can explain the mansions, private schools, suburban malls, and horses.

Warning: some rough language.






Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).