Friday, August 10, 2018

The Friday Link for 8/10/18

Welcome to palindrome week!  Actually it's not just the week, but the next 10 days starting today.  The dates this next ten days will be the same forward as they are backwards (8-10-18)...did I mention I was a math, science, space and history nut?

Two for you today, both having to deal with beat downs.  The first is a clip which is responsible for me being FAR more aggressive when a Republican Christian calls my radio show; a person who claims to be better religiously in every facet of their life, but in reality, their personal and political points of view are anything but Christian.  Thanks to President Bartlet from The West Wing, I realized I shouldn't be taking these religious zealots hypocrisy any more, and I don't!



With football season coming up, let's revisit one of the top 5 ad campaigns of all time, Terry Tate, office linebacker.  One bit of warning:  in one of the segments they talk about trying out other athletes before settling on Terry, and the one they show is a biathlete, shooting an office person (!!!).  Today, with our near daily office shootings, that was a little disturbing to see.  It's in the second half of the video (13:10).   Also, a little bit of rough language.



Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).