Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Conversations with Trump Voters

The Wealthy:

Me - "Why did you vote for Donald Trump?"
Wealthy people - "Because he'll give me all of my money back!  I'll be able to live in the United States, basking in it's freedom, without having to pay a dime for such a luxury.  As a matter of fact, he'll actually funnel more money to me!  He's giving me, a billionaire, a paycheck to live in the USA, a paycheck funded with my own employees tax payer dollars.  He's doing this for no other reason outside of rewarding my wealth."
M - "I understand why you voted for him."

The Racist:

Me - "Why did you vote for Donald Trump?"
Racist - "I'm for white power.  I hate        (fill in this blank with any combination of people broken down by race, religion, gender, and/or sexual orientation)        .  With his track record, proposing to build a Mexican wall, preventing Muslims from coming here, disrespecting women, his long history of hating black people, and his plans to continue discrimination on the basis of sexual identity, Donald Trump clearly feels the same way I do."
M - "You are a horrible person.  You disgust me, but I understand why you voted for him."

The Rest:

Me - "Why did you vote for Donald Trump?"
Idiots - "I got tired of the Democrats not paying attention to the plight of regular everyday, white working class Americans."
M - "So you turned to a billionaire with zero working class, political or government experience; A man who inherited most of his wealth and has failed repeatedly over the years with his private businesses; A man who's undeniably racist, and who has surrounded himself with racists; A man who has clear ties to a foreign power who wants control of the USA; A man who has a history of sexually abusing women (by his own admission!), and a man who openly mocked a disabled reporter, something we all saw on film.  That was your choice over Hillary Clinton?"
I - "Hillary was just as crooked, if not more so!  Just look at Benghazi!"
M - "Investigated multiple times and found she did nothing wrong."
I - "The Clinton Foundation!"
M - "Also investigated multiple times, and never prosecuted."
I - "E-mails!"
M - "Also investigated multiple times by the FBI, not exactly her biggest supporters, and they determined there was nothing they could charge her with."
I - "...uhh...Pizzagate!"
M - "Now you're just being silly.  Tell me there was SOMETHING else going on here."
I - "The Democrats have stopped caring for the American worker."
M - "Considering Obama single handedly resurrected the jobs market in the US, and considering the Democrats were the ones who put forward a health care plan which prevented you from having to chose between death, bankruptcy, or both, that's just not true.  Plus, the Democrats have been the ones fighting for better wages and more benefits for the American worker.  And considering all Republican labor policy for the last 30 years has been undeniably geared towards taking away money, jobs and the rights of the American worker, that's a laughable justification for your Trump vote."
I - "Trump had a better policy platform!"
M - "What platform?  What policies?  Outside of a Mexican border wall and a Muslim roundup, both of which are undeniably racist (and foolish), he never shared ANY of his initiatives in detail prior to the election.  He said nothing!  Compare that to Hillary Clinton, whose webpage had a complete breakdown of policies and initiatives she'd try to implement.  He was only saying campaign slogans, with zero details.  You can't lean on his policies and platform being your justification when there weren't any."
I - "Well, the Democrats are against traditional values!"
M - "You voted for a guy who represents every bad character from both American History and The Bible!  He's a self admitted sexual deviant.  You're not going to convince me voting for a corrupt, self centered, mentally questionable, dark souled, disgusting money worshipper is somehow embodying traditional American and/or Christian values."
I - "FINE!  I just couldn't stand the idea of Hillary Clinton being my President, so there!"
M - "So instead, you went with an unqualified buffoon with no plan in place outside of giving billionaires your tax dollars and implementing a racist agenda.  You're an Idiot."

I've had that last conversation multiple times, in varying forms, over and over again since the election.  And it ALWAYS ends the same way...








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).