Friday, January 15, 2016

The Friday Link for 1/15/16

Damn, it's been a tough week.  First Bowie, then Rickman.  I know we can remember both for such wonderful music and dramas, respectively, but let's put a smile on for a Friday.

First up is David Bowie.  With all of the tributes to him this week, it's his comedy and wit which was really underrated.  I watched a lot of interviews he did with late night hosts.  He had an incredible personality and comedic timing.  This scripted bit is my favorite from him.  From Ricky Gervais' comedy Extras, here is the David Bowie appearance which not only shows Bowie making a little fun of himself and his music, he makes A LOT of fun of Ricky Gervais.  It's unbelievably funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ci-N-GT88

I talked a lot about my Alan Rickman guilty pleasure, Quigley Down Under, but another great movie he was in (yes I know Dogma is sensational, but I can't post much of THAT here) is Galaxy Quest!  Here are his best scenes from that one, with the very touching moment at the end:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7bo_A6XnUU

Also Dan Haggerty from Grizzly Adams fame passed away.  Not nearly the legacy of the first too, but I do have fond memories of watching him as a kid...sad week indeed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).