Sunday, January 31, 2016

A Messsage to Fans of The Daily Report

Hi, it's Matt.  Some of you may have no idea who I am, but most do.  I'm either A) the person you used to listen to in the mornings (thanks!), B) the person you knew who did mornings but couldn't listen because you were either busy or listening to something else, or C) you're a person who disliked my show, but liked The Daily Report.  I understand.  Some people like a straight up cup of coffee, some people like a Dairy Queen sundae served in a coffee cup.  Apples/Oranges.

Starting tomorrow, fans of the Daily Report will definitely know who I am.  My show, The Matt McNeil Show, will broadcast in the 3 PM hour, the former first hour of The Daily Report.  Ian will broadcast TDR in the 4 PM hour only.

For the record, this wasn't my decision, but rather a decision made by the management of AM 950.  The station is making these changes in an effort to give themselves better positioning for the 2016 election, and beyond.  If you'd like to comment on the schedule change, station management wants to hear from you - (952) 946-8885.

I listen to Ian's show regularly, and he does a GREAT job!  I'm incredibly impressed with how intelligent he is, and how he lays out topics and interviews.  It's easy to see why people like him. 

My goal has always been to do good radio.  I know my style, delivery, tone, topics, and direction will not appeal to everyone.  That's okay.  At the end of the day, we agree on most things.  Call, tell me what you like or dislike and I promise I'll listen.  Cool?

Talk tomorrow.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).