Friday, October 10, 2014

The Friday Link for 10/10/14

I will be blunt, I love Jon Stewart.

I dread the day he will retire.  He has been sensational, correcting the unfiltered morons in this country, mainly the ones who work for and visit Fox News, with a stinging, straight forward tone.  The writing for his show has been the best.  He is able to unravel the thick, bloviated bull shoveled at the American people in one or two simple but brilliant sentences.  He is hands down the funniest late night show in this country.  That's not saying there isn't late night competition.  Colbert, Letterman, Fallon, O'Brien, Kimmel, and Ferguson are all brilliant and at times the best on any given night, but no one is as consistent as Stewart and the Daily Show.  (Okay, Colbert is close.)

Speaking of Colbert, The Daily Show has been the tilled soil which has grown the funniest people from the last 10 plus years.  The list of alumni is impressive.  It's the one show I watch everyday, after I get done with the morning show.  I can't stay up to watch it live, and it is hit or miss on whether the show is ready for viewing before I go into the station.

If you just write off Jon Stewart as just some liberal mouth piece, you really are an idiot.  He points out other people's (mostly conservatives) arrogant mistakes and makes light of them.  If you want him to leave the right alone, then ask for a better quality of conservative pundent/reporter/host.

Let me give you two tonight, and yes the language is a little salty.  One is from the night he returned from vacation, addressed the Ferguson nightmare, and the other is from when Megyn Kelly was an amazing idiot, insisting no one on Fox News ever used Nazi References.  Enjoy, they are your Friday links.

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/ufqeuz/race-off

http://thedailyshow.cc.com/videos/euiark/24-hour-nazi-party-people




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).