Thursday, August 22, 2019

Summer Art

I wanted to make a post this summer of all the art I captured around the Twin Cities.  Minnesota's art scene is incredibly vibrant, and I would say better than most other states in America.  I'm not saying there aren't good artists in Arkansas, Oregon and Ohio.  Of course there are, but the art in this state amazes me.

Most of these photos come from the Minneapolis Institute of Art, The Weisman Art Museum, and Big Stone. There are a few random shots too. Get out and explore Minnesota Art.  It kicks caboose.

I'll start with my favorite piece of the summer.



This magnificence was part of the Hearts of Our People: Native Women Artists exhibit at the Minneapolis Institute of Art.  It's The Wisdom of the Universe, by Christi Belcourt.






























And of course...









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).