Monday, September 3, 2018

The Minnesota State Fair 2018

Time for my annual trip to the Minnesota State Fair.  I headed out with the kiddos on Sunday, braving the (at times) intense rain showers


I first headed to the Horticulture Building as the rain showers were keeping the early crowds away.  The crop art is always fun:


Mary!



The Trump ballon was good.




I know Paul and Babe are blurry.  My phone was slowly dying the entire day.  To the woman who chewed me out because she felt as if I was cutting in line to take photos:  1) there was hardly anyone in the building, and 2) there is no "line forms here" signage anywhere in that room.  YOU deciding to wait in a line is your decision, not mine.  Take it up with the Fair, and don't be such a jerk.  There was plenty of room, as well as plenty of people not following your line rules.

The flower displays were mostly off limits because judging was going on, but I did take a few cool photos from outside the room.




I liked the kaleidoscope gardens they had.





Then it was out to brave the rain.  It was pouring when the next two photos were taken.  



We headed to the Fine Arts Building, always one of the best elements of the Fair.










My three favorites follow:



And my favorite:


Time for a cup of coffee.  Hands down the best at the Fair is right outside the Eco-Building


Speaking of the Eco-Building:



Then I headed out for food, but stopped by the big Ferris Wheel up on Machinery Hill.


Mini Donuts, with the cool retro signage:



Oh YES Canada!


I am not sure why the Pronto-Pup guy is Mexican, but I do love him like he was one of my own children:


Even the camera got blurry for this shot.


I was very upset to see the U of M decided to stop with the mint ice cream choice, meaning the mint chocolate ice cream option is no longer available.  That is a crime.  The strawberry was good, but a hollow shell of the mint chocolate...





Off to the horse competitions in the pavilion!



Cow


Pig


Sheep




One last stop at the gyros stand next to Fox 9, the best food you can get at the Fair.  Hello pile of meat!


I headed out, larger and tired.  The rain was bit of a hassle, but all in all, it made for a fun trip.
















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).