Thursday, February 16, 2017

What I Like...

I like warm days...just not when we're supposed to be coming out of the coldest days of winter.
I like wearing shorts...but I'm not supposed to be able to wear them in Minnesota, in February.
I like the heat of the sun...as long as it's not melting snow six weeks earlier than it's supposed to.
I like the growing grass...but I'm not supposed to mow in Minnesota in March and November.
I like the plants in Minnesota...some of which are no longer able to survive locally.
I like the wildlife of Minnesota...but some beloved species are leaving, while new unfamiliar ones arrive
I like taking a dip in a northern Minnesota lake...but we're not supposed to be able to do so in May.
I like swimming in Minnesota lakes...without wondering if the lake has a brain eating amoeba which has started to live in Minnesota due to the warmer water temperatures.
I like charismatic weather people...as long as they're not discounting reality to pander to the masses.
I like ice fishing...a season so short lately I've decided to stop buying new equipment
I like cross country skiing...but not having to drive three hours in February to do so.
I like flowers...even though the ones I grow are having a harder and harder time.
I like gardening...but I'm having a harder time figuring out when and what to plant.
I like a multi seasonal, diverse business community...not one which has been impacted by climate related setbacks, causing companies to layoff workers and close down shops.
I like to think there are mysteries on this planet still unanswered...but I also respect tens of thousands of scientists from all over the world, well over 97% of them, who have spent their lives studying in differing scientific fields, all coming to the same scientific outcomes, independently.
I like to think my political opponents are good people...but they're undeniably cheering on a cataclysmic, man-made change to this planet, changes which could end up dooming a majority of the population.
I like warm weather...but I'm not willing use a nice day as an excuse to ignore the undeniable anymore.
I like summer...and I like it being in summer.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).