Friday, May 21, 2021

The Friday Link for 5/21/21

Hi all! I hope you are well.  I'm still trying to recover from a health issue.  I have a bad feeling this will take awhile.

Let's start the Friday Link with a story which I'm shocked is not a FAR larger story.  UFO's are real!  I'm not talking about a wild rant from the weird haired dude from the History Channel who thinks everything that ever happened was 'Aliens!'  I'm talking credible witnesses and copious evidence.

60 Minutes did a great story on this.  To be fair, this might not be aliens, but rather technology from another country which far exceeds ours (which is terrifying on a different level) but the way these pilots talk about it, they're clearly saying what we are saying; Aliens! 


Next up I dive into two cooking videos, specifically focused on cooking with the Dutch oven.

Dutch ovens are a long used cooking staple of the American frontier.  My first exposure to the diversity and mastery of using them was watching the recent chuckwagon cookout competitions which demanded the chuckwagon cooks use Dutch ovens to cook in a wide variety of ranges. 

Then a usually favorite of mine on the Friday Link, Townsends, did a series on Dutch Oven Cooking.  I highly recommend watching the entire series from them, but this 1796 Beef Steak Pie recipe they did looks amazing! 


No only are history buffs embracing the Dutch oven.  A lot of modern country cooks are posting videos of using them too.  The main difference is as opposed to a campfire setting, these modern cooks use charcoal briquets, and seem to have a fairly good science behind it.

The Backwoods Gourmet has a charcoal Dutch oven recipe for biscuits and gravy and it looks absolutely amazing.  Mind you the constant sound of gun fire going off in this video (because he is recording this at a hunting club) is a little odd, but it does show how portable cooking in a Dutch oven can be.  And the food looks great. 


Have a great weekend everyone.

Get vaccinated!

Stay healthy and stay safe.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).