Friday, December 11, 2020

The Friday Link for 12/11/20

 So a few weeks back I thought I would be able to write more...

(sigh)

Two problems with that theory.  First, Trump has done everything to carry this election into the next one.  Just a few minutes ago his last legal avenue was shut down for Trump, as the Supreme Court annihilated the laughable Texas two step attempt to overthrow our government.  It's not Trump being a petulant cry baby which is the most annoying.  It's his supporters cheering on overthrowing the Constitution and Democracy, all for a man who (in case you haven't been paying attention to the Corona Virus numbers) DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THEM!

The other issue is a good thing.  I have begun recording out my shows for the holidays.  About 6 years ago we started to record shows in advance of my Christmas vacation to prevent from having to air two weeks of best of shows, or asking people to come off their vacations to cover my radio show.  The pre-recorded shows have gone over great.  So far I have four shows completed and this next week should get me another 3.  It takes a lot of time to record out two weeks of shows, so thanks to my producers and the guests who make it happen.

Maybe I'll write more over the holidays...

First up this week, Epic Rap Battles of History places Harry Potter Verses Luke Skywalker, with Legos!  It's actually pretty good.


Next up a little holiday fun. The Carpenters were such a universally liked duo. Their songs still hold up today and their Christmas music was great. Here is their TV Christmas special from 1978.  

By the way, this is a very caucasian Christmas special, but it's a lot more relatable compared to the Dean Martin Special from 1968.  That one was like a jar of marshmallow fluff being held by Beymax in the middle of a blizzard in Idaho.  I decided to go with the Carpenters.


Finally tonight, more relevant history.  As we hear people today complain about their lack of "freedom" because people are daring to try to save their lives, it's also good to remember sometimes it goes the other way.  People being so afraid of disease, it erupts into a battle.  The History Guy reminds us of the forgotten story of The 1858 Staten Island Quarantine War.


I hope everyone has a fun, and safe weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).