Friday, July 17, 2020

The Friday Link for 7/17/20

Howdy all!  I hope you're staying cool.

Someone who never kept his cool was Jebidiah Atkinson.  Who was Jebidiah?  He was a real person.  He was a writer for a paper in Pennsylvania and is immortal for having panned the Gettysburg Address.  Yes, THAT Gettysburg Address.  He apparently was not a fan of President Lincoln's speech, considered one of the greatest speeches of all time.

I have no idea who had the idea of introducing Jebidiah Atkinson as a recurring character on Saturday Night Live, but this was brilliant.  It's no secret I feel Taran Killiam was one of the all time great SNL cast members.  His Jebidiah hates everything.  The whole goal fo the skit was to say something so offensive Jebidiah would taunt the audience as they gasped and booed.  Fantastic!

Here's a compilation video of him at his best.  


Also tonight let me introduce you the YouTube Channel, Today I Found Out.  It's easy to get lost in this channel, as Simon Whistler answers questions about various historical events, either ancient history or modern popular history, or some scientific questions which can be interesting, or general information videos which offer help.  

I really liked the recent episode where he tells the complete history of Trumps grandfather. Very interesting!  He came here illegally, made his money on prostitutes and liquor, and seems relatively ruthless.  Okay then.  Enjoy!  FYI, Simon does a fairly long Square Space commercial at the beginning of this video.


Have a great weekend everyone! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).