Friday, May 29, 2020

The Friday Link for 5/29/20

I'm exhausted.

I planned on at least three blog entries this week, but then Minneapolis Police decided to kill George Floyd.  Then Minneapolis exploded. Then it exploded again, and again...

I'm too tired to type anything, plus it's my youngest daughter's birthday.

The Friday Link piggy backs off the song I played on my show today.  Here is the entire Rush in Rio concert from 2003.

When my mind is getting ready to break, I listen to Rush, the exceptional Canadian band.  With Neil Peart gone it's a bit sad, but I'll take it over the insanity of our world today.  Neil's drum solo is at 1:53:30.

Plus watching 70,000 Brazilians go nuts is kind of fun.  My favorite part is them singing along to the INSTRUMENTAL song YYZ (28:15).  This was the concert which made the music industry say "maybe we were wrong about the legacy of those prog rock guys.




Have a good weekend everyone.  Please stay safe.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).