Thursday, February 27, 2020

The Blue State Ball 2020

It's time for my annual recap of the fun we had at my radio station's (AM950 KTNF) annual big get together, The Blue State Ball!

This year we were in NE Minneapolis at Bauhaus Brew Labs.  I do not drink, but I did hear from many people that the beer was amazing!  Check them out!





Our national host this year was a crowd favorite.  Thom Hartmann flew in from the west coast!


By the way, that grinning idiot on the left is me.  We had the station staff there including all the producers and front office people.







That last guy is the owner of the station, Chad.  Our main speaker was the US House Representative from the MN-05, Ilhan Omar.  






She was so amazing.  Such a kind caring person.  She talked about Minnesota joy!  
After her we had an outstanding showing of Minnesota politicians.  

State Auditor Julie Blaha




Minnesota Senate Minority Leader Susan Kent





Hennepin County Sheriff Hutch! 



Plus two of my favorite soon to be Minnesota state Senators, Lindsey Port and Mary Kunesh-Podein!



Thom tore it up on stage! 





The surrogates for the Presidential candidates, including the Speaker of the Minnesota House Melissa Hortman and State Senator John Marty! 








It wouldn't be a Blue State Ball without the station founders, Janet Robert and Bill Luther!



They let this idiot on the stage.




I love how that last photo makes me look like a money noticing something in the crowd that scares me.  We had a lot of the weekend shows and great music as well! 







And of course the listeners. 






It was very cool to have it on a Sunday afternoon this year.  
The recurring theme was how this year, 2020, was going to be a huge year!  Get ready to work people!  We have so much to do!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).