Friday, January 17, 2020

The Friday Link for 1/17/20

Sometimes when I'm working on a certain project, or if I'm writing a certain blog piece, I get very committed.  At least I used to think I did.

The Friday Link is a new standard in commitment.  For some reason, maybe because I watched a domino video (where some group of kids sets up a huge domino design) I had the following video show up in my suggestion box.  It comes from Jelle's Marble Runs and this is nuts.

It's a marble olympics.  Not an olympics of people playing marble games.  NOPE! This is all about the marbles themselves, in what could only be described as a crazy obsession exposed to the world. The time it must have taken to put all this together probably rivaled the actual olympics.  

This is two and a half hours, TWO AND A HALF HOURS(!!!), of marble competition you never knew existed.   I can't do this justice.  Watch it, and be somewhat terrified, somewhat intrigued, and somewhat entertained.  Seriously, I started actually caring which marbles were winning certain competitions.

And for the record, the play by play guy is actually one of the better play by play guys I've ever heard.  Seriously!!!  Ninety percent of play by play guys should listen to him for hints on how not to ruin a sporting event by being a way too enthusiastic announcer.

Enjoy!



Have a great weekend everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).