Friday, January 10, 2020

The Friday Link for 1/10/20

This week I have not been feeling the best.  I have that mild cold which causes you to cough and makes you tired.  I've been sleeping a lot so I've not been able to post anything new this week, but I promise some posts this weekend.

Whatever I was going to post prior to this afternoon doesn't matter. Neil Peart, the drummer for the Canadian band Rush died today of brain cancer.  I've not been shy about my love of the band.  I grew up with them.  Their albums were a constant companion through my life and I have been to 12 concerts.  They're my favorite band.

I lost a friend today.

Rush is an amazing band.  I would place Geddy Lee as the greatest bass player of all time.  Alex Lifeson is definitely a top 25 rock guitarist of all time, and rock fans have a constant debate on whether Neil Peart or Keith Moon is the greatest drummer of all time. I'll go with Neil.

First up, from David Letterman's Drum solo week, the finale was Neil:



From Rush Live in Rio, a whole bunch of Brazilians enjoying YYZ.



Next up is the best opening they ever did with Spirit of Radio at the end of it, from the 30th Anniversary tour.



And of course a drum solo.  One of his better ones, also from the 30th Anniversary show in Frankfurt Germany.



And finally Rush's appearance on the Colbert Report.  There isn't much here because Comedy Central seems to be blocking the videos, but here is the opening.


I am going to be sad for awhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).