Friday, November 8, 2019

The Friday Link for 11/8/19

This week, how about someone doesn't try to scare you!

One of the things I hate about modern nature shows which talk about cataclysmic events (volcanoes, earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis) is how they all present their 'research' in a fear based narrative.  It's always "this area is LONG overdue for a monster earthquake," or "is the next tidal wave heading for you!?!"  My favorite was the guys who 1) made up a fake asteroid, 2) implied it was destined to strike the earth, and 3) insisted all life was doomed.  Providing zero evidence of their 'science,' their final warning to the viewer was "it could happen!"  Could it?

That's why I was pleasantly surprised with the SciShow's rational and less hyperbolic explanation on why it's pretty unlikely a super volcano is waiting around the corner to mug you.  Seriously, I love this video.  It's rational, intelligent, chock full of science stuff and reasonable.  I can only wish all science didn't feel they had to 'cable TV' themselves up just to try to get people's attention.



Speaking of fact based reality, let's also go with Robert Reich explaining that indeed the Founding Father's of the United States would absolutely be in favor of throwing Trump's caboose out via impeachment.



Have a great weekend everyone!  Stay warm! Go Gophers!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).