Sunday, November 10, 2019

Just Super

Below is the product review form entry I left from my stay last weekend at the Super 8 In Eau Claire Wisconsin.  If you can't tell, this one was a beaut!

The problems started the day before, when I called to ask if my reservations were set.  The woman who answered the phone spoke no English.  I am all for immigration, but even when...I...talked...like...this...asking...if (you get the idea) they had my reservation, she said "thank you" and hung up without ever answering.

When we got there to check in, they gave us key cards that wouldn't work in the slot on the room door.  The front desk guy said they have this happen all the time because they don't change the batteries in the doors.  He then gave us a different room.  We were able to get into this one.  The room was freezing, appeared clean but there seemed to be a lot of structural damage to the walls, woodwork, ect.  It was then we discovered the toilet wasn't working.

I brought this to the attention of the guy working the counter, and he said "oops!"  He then said there is nothing we can do about it, and gave us another room.  This final room was a lot like the previous one.  Ice cold, clean but with a lot of structure damage (one particularly nasty carpet stain).  The toilet in this room worked, but there was only the final bit of toilet paper on the roll and the rest of the toilet paper was stacked by the sink.  I joke you not, the room had the hardest bed I've ever slept on.  I swear I thought it was actually a wooden plank with a thin layer of cloth over it. The heater/AC unit also seemed damaged.  'Low heat' had the temp in the room at 85, and 'low cool' had the room down to 40.  There were a lot of people making noise in the hallway, so between that and the rock hard bed, I didn't sleep very well.

Considering everything else, we didn't risk the breakfast.  When we went to check out, at 6:30 in the morning, the counter person was no where to be found.  After waiting a few minutes, shocked the counter person was not there for the Saturday morning checkout, I picked up the call phone.  The phone rang, fairly loudly, in the room right next to the counter.  The counter person was in the office right next to the counter, clearly could hear us, and at no point came out to check us out.

I understand a Super 8 isn't the Ritz Carlton, so my expectations aren't exactly high, but it's spectacular how bad of a hotel the Eau Claire Super 8 was.  An all time worst top three for me.

Traveler be warned!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).