Thursday, October 24, 2019

The Franconia Sculpture Park

For the last two years I'd been hearing of a sculpture park in the nether regions of Minnesota.  It's out there; located in Franconia, 10 miles from the end of the metro area (and I'm being generous), but the rave reviews had peaked my interest.  Minneapolis is blessed with great sculpture.  Multiple Sculpture gardens, random top notch statues and even satellite sculpture gardens (at places like the arboretum) are scattered around the Twin Cities, so when multiple art friends of mine start raving, I get interested.

With MEA Weekend in Minnesota (teachers conference) last weekend, we decided to hit the state park in Taylor's Falls and make the stop to see what people are talking about.

The Franconia Sculpture Park is on the corner of US 8 and Highway 95.  It's free, expansive and worth the trip.  Here are some of the photos I took but these do not do it justice.  Go see for yourself, and it is very kid friendly!






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).