Friday, August 16, 2019

The Friday Link for 8/16/19

This week, I think I'll try to not get Larry the Cable Guy angry, and go with a crowd pleaser, old fashion cooking!

This week we return to Townsends for a look at some old recipes.  I've tried a few of their recipes and they're shockingly tasty! Make sure to find a recipe which doesn't require too many odd ingredients, or is too vague.  John does a good job of estimating vague quantanites, but you want to be careful there.

The first video this week combines John with another favorite You Tube Channel of mine, Natalie and Tara.  These women love trying new things, and are a lot of fun.  They also are fans of Townsends, which only makes me like them more.

This is a pretty ambitious episode, with a full three course meal, but it looks delicious.  If you rolled into a nicer restaurant and they served this, no one would bat an eye.  Heck, they'd give it rave revues and call it the ultimate rustic experience.



The other recipe this week fascinates me.  This looks like an old version of a sweetened coffee gelatin.  I never even imagined they would've had anything like this.  It looks weird, and John's dislike of coffee doesn't help, but you cannot argue with old fashion resourcefulness.



Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).