Friday, May 24, 2019

The Friday Link for 5/24/19

Happy Memorial Day Weekend everyone!

I'm in my own personal hell right now.  I've written in the past how bad May is for parents when it comes to getting anything done.  The last three weeks have been brutal, and this blog suffers.  There are posts I started three weeks ago, haven't been able to write a thing since, and now I have to decide if I try to finish them or move on.

I know...cue Dawson crying clip...



Two for you this weekend.  First the exceptional Our Cartoon President and their take on Pelosi and the Democrats fighting over impeachment.  There is a little rough language, so you've been warned!



The second clip will scare you.  It freaking terrified me as a kid.  I still remember watching this back in the 70's, nearly wetting myself.  Space 1999 was an enjoyable bit of 1970's science fiction TV.  The science was pure garbage, but they actually had good writing and adopted the darker storylines of science fiction of the time, making a science fiction which was intertwined with straight up horror.

Dragon's Domain scared me so bad I couldn't sleep for a week.  My father prevented me from watching the show from then afterwards (I believe it was during this hiatus from Space 1999 I stumbled upon Doctor Who, so it was all good).  I'm actually surprised they allowed this episode's villain creature to be on television in the 1970's.  When it spits out the bowling pin corpses (you read that right!), you'll wonder how it got through the screeners of the time too.  Enjoy!



Have a great weekend everyone.  Drive safe!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).