Friday, January 25, 2019

The Friday Link for 1/25/19

For this week, I want to go to Cheers.

I was thinking about this show as I was down visiting my dad.  He's having some health issues, so I visited him and my mom in South Carolina.

You start to remember things about your parents when you look back at their lives, especially how you interacted with them.  Back in the 70's and 80's, most nights were my dad coming home, getting a few drinks in him (he had seven kids.  I'd have a few too), reading the evening edition of the Providence Journal, and then starting a slow meal making process as they watched the evening news.  Afterwards they'd put on one of their favorite TV shows.  They loved This Old House, and The Muppet Show.  They also would follow which movies would be airing on the networks, making sure to catch the comedies.

I will never forget my parents laughing hysterically at Cheers.  They loved that show.

For my dad and mom, here are two compilations.





What I loved about Cheers wasn't the show, but how I got to hear my parents laugh.

Have great weekend everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).