Friday, September 7, 2018

The Friday Link for 9/7/18

Howdy everyone!

Tonight, I'm going to prove I can say something positive about a Republican.  Missouri Republican Rep. Bill Long took a unique approach to a far right blogger protesting in a House Committee hearing.  Long, before he was a politician, was an auctioneer.  This is outstanding!

 

Also a tribute to Burt Reynolds.  We forget he was the biggest star in America from 1978 to 1981.  There are so many great roles he had, but he was special in another format.  He was one of the top five all time guests on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson.  Here he is as his career exploded in 1978.



Burt was great.  I moved to Buford, Georgia in 1980, and even though Reynolds was popular in the rest of the country, he was a God in the south.  They loved him down there.  He will be missed.

Have great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).