Friday, August 3, 2018

The Friday Link for 8/3/18

Howdy all!  I've had a busy week.  Now that I've mostly recovered from the hernia surgery, I got out for some fun with the kiddos.  Como Zoo, the Sculpture Garden, Mall of America, and the brand new Bell Museum of Natural History.

If you remember the old Bell Museum, it was tucked away on the University of Minnesota campus, not easy to get to and WAY too big for it's building.  They moved it up to the north west side of St. Paul, at Larpenteur and Cleveland.  The new building is great and the exhibits are sensational.  It really is the upgrade they needed.  I recommend it.

This week I revisit the Towsends, the historical cooking and early American lifestyle experts.  I know this is one of my geeky favorites, but these guys do a great job and they know their stuff.

If you're getting ready to get an August trip in before school starts back up, be grateful you never had to travel back in the olden days.  It sounds miserable.



And then a topic I've loved for awhile, historical cooking.  It always amazes me what was regular everyday food back then, food which we've completely lost from today's menus.  For my vegetarian friends, how about carrot puffs.  Okay they are deep fried in suet, but I'm sure an oil would work just as well.



Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).