Friday, August 31, 2018

The Friday Link for 8/31/18

I hope everyone has a wonderful Labor Day Weekend.  I'm heading to the Fair, but I guarantee there will be a lot of home grilling at Chateau McNeil!

Two fun ones for you this week.  Jason Bateman is a great comedic actor whose career is pretty spectacular.  He's had the occasional stinker (Simon???) but pound for pound his career has been amazing.  Arrested Development made him an all time great TV Character with Michael Bluth, but I forgot completely he was on Little House on the Prairie.  He's worked with some of the biggest names in television history, including Michael Landon and Bob Newhart, but if I can put in a plug for one of my all time favorite actresses, and my personal choice for Bateman's 2nd best TV show, from Valerie (in it's various names), the wonderful Sandy Duncan.  Love her!  With the new season of the drama Ozark, Vanity Fair did this great retrospective of Bateman's career.



Since I did the Great British Bake Off last week, I decided to revisit another of my favorite shows, Antiques Roadshow.

Everyone loves the show because of the reactions of the unsuspecting people.  I remember the Colonial cross stitch sewing sample some guy found in his house and was floored to discover it was one of the best examples the appraiser had ever seen.  It was appraised at 30K, as the owner stuttered, insisting he was about to throw it out and keep the cheap frame the sample was in.

Here is the top 10 items they ever found on the US version of Antique Roadshow, with the most expensive item being discovered in St. Paul.  I could have sworn they had a guy bring in a conquistador's helmet, one that he found digging in his back yard, only to have the expert label it priceless, insisting a museum be called immediately.  When I search for that, I can't find anything.  Maybe I dreamt it.  Helmets aside, they've found some real amazing items.  Enjoy!



Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend.  Drive safe, enjoy some grilling, and watch out for the kiddos beginning school on Tuesday!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).