Friday, February 9, 2018

The Friday Link for 2/9/18

The minute I saw this interview, I knew I was going to have to make it the Friday Link.


There's a reason many people get (some of) their news from late night talk show hosts.  They're not held to a foolish self imposed standard which says they always have to take a neutral stance in regards to people who are clearly in the wrong.  News is being ruined by the news itself; lost in their post 1990's and 2000's GOP beat down, acting as if they call Trump a fool, even when he is doing the most foolish things possible, they're wrong.

This isn't about demanding a bias media.  I want neutrality in my journalism, but I don't think intelligent media people should purposely dumb themselves down.  If the sky is blue, and someone insists it's green, you DO NOT have to give green sky guy weight.  Too many times (immigration, environment, climate change, racial injustice) the media fails, lost in their quest to give the minuscule the same clout as what 99.99999% of the world KNOWS is fact.

But this is why late night hosts are a special.  Not only can they call the fool the fool, they're actually exposing the news media's failure to do the same.  That's why people look at them as a news source.

What follows is the greatest analysis of Trump I have seen to date.  Stephen Colbert and John Oliver explain Trump better than anyone else has.  Watch and see.



And Part 2:



Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).