Friday, July 14, 2017

The Friday Link for 7/14/17

Be careful! This Friday Link you might actually learn something.

The first video is a fun little 10 minute piece on how the states got their weird shapes.  It does have some interesting tidbits (Ohio and Michigan almost went to war with each other?), and those tidbits make up for a fairly average delivery from the presenter.  Hey, the guy is trying, so I'll give him some slack.  Minnesota get's a shoutout, as anytime there's a weird geographical story on the USA, they undoubtedly have a segment on the Northwest Angle in the very northern part of the state.





The second video is a lovely piece from CBS Sunday Morning about Northwest Angle.  I can't comprehend the distance the school kids have to go, especially the ones on some of the islands off the coast.  Still, I'd be lying if I didn't say the place sounded nice...




Have a great weekend everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).