Friday, June 9, 2017

The Friday Link for 6/9/17

Friday Link is a short one because I have to get to a Minnesota lake, STAT!

The anniversary of Ghostbusters release in 1984 was earlier this week.  Ghostbusters was the last film I saw where I had no idea what the movie was about prior to going to see the movie.  My friend Jeff drove us over to the old Knollwood Mall movie theater (long gone due to their unbelievable rat problem) and I laughed so freaking hard.  I thought was going to be a horror film.

I love Ghostbusters and it's probably the most popular right wing movie ever made (after Gone With The Wind).  The main villain is the EPA, and we all cheer when he gets buried in filth at the end.  The guys at Cracked Magazine have a better breakdown from a few years back, even implying Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters 2 are the predicate of the tea party.  It's actually a pretty good argument.  Let me ruin Ghostbusters for you this evening!

Warning, the bleep a lot but it's still bleepy!



And I'll let them get you thinking about Star Wars too.



Have a great weekend everyone!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).