Thursday, June 22, 2017

My Saving Grace

OH MY GOD!  DID YOU SEE THE YANEZ TAPE?  OF COURSE HE KILLED CASTILE!  HE LIED REPEATEDLY DURING THE TRIAL AND ADMITTED HE DIDN'T SEE A GUN.  AND HOW ABOUT ANOTHER RACE WHERE DEMOCRATIC LEANING VOTERS DECIDED HEALTHCARE, A SOLID ECONOMY AND RESPECT WERE NOT WORTH VOTING FOR?  ONLY 243,000 OF 445,000 REGISTERED VOTERS TURNED UP TO VOTE.  FOR GOD'S SAKE THE REPUBLICANS RAN ADS BLAMING THE DEMOCRAT OSSOFF FOR THE SHOOTING OF REP. SCALISE.  DEMOCRATS FAIL AGAIN AT ACTIVATING THE VOTING BASE!  AND TRUMP...AND TRUMP!!!



This is my saving grace.  Baseball.  I love the game, and not just the Twins and Red Sox.  I love watching good college baseball (Go Gophers!) and minor league teams (Go Saints!) too.  And man, do I love to watch my son play.

Baseball is how I keep my sanity.  I avoid talking politics there, even though many of the other family members know who I am and what I do.  They all agree with my leanings, but it's not important when the fields are green, the temperature is 72, and your team is winning.  This gorgeous field above is in beautiful St. Bonifacius.  

I'm taking a few day off, and even though I'm limited in my cabin time, I will be spending multiple evenings contemplating strike zones, marveling at a tremendous play, and rooting for the home 9.  I would rather be by the lake, but if not contemplating the walleye chop, let me be in the bleachers, enjoying the metro area's calmest locations...

See you in Eagan, and in Minnetonka, and in Edina, and in St. Michael, and at the Fort Snelling fields, and in Maple Grove, and at...



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).