Friday, April 28, 2017

The Friday Link for 4/28/17

I really liked 'La La Land,' even though the ending created a lot of mixed emotions within my family.  But enough about that.

I traveled to LA twice on business, and frankly, I never saw the fun side of the LA.  I thought it was interesting.  You can feel the stress of desire everywhere you go, and that's one of the things I felt they captured in the movie.  There are tons of movies about a town where the steel mill, or the coal mine, or the manufacturing plant, or the military base are the the center of their local solar system, the catalyst for the plot.  Los Angeles is no different.  It's a place where instead of a shipyard or a large farm, it's the entertainment business.  Even though the two main characters are portrayed as being on a trajectory of success, it displays the ugliness of the industry (especially in Emma Stone's character), while at the the same time relishing in the beauty of Hollywood.  It's definitely written from a local's perspective.

I especially liked how Ryan Gosling's character was portrayed; the jazz musician trying to make it in a town known for movies.  My whole family enjoyed it.

Here are some clips.










Have a great weekend everyone.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).