Friday, March 17, 2017

The Friday Link for 3/17/17

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone! I just got back from St. Joe's where I enjoyed the Friday fish fry.  I'm saving the corned beef and cabbage for tomorrow.

Some people have asked why I'm obsessed with Friday fish fries during Lent.  It's simple really.  Have you ever been to a old baseball stadium, 20 or more years old?  Enjoy the hot dogs there because they're the tastiest ones you'll ever find.  Everything they use to cook the hotdogs has been seasoned with the flavor of hot dogs for a decade.  You could boil up a shoe in those same kitchens and it'd probably be tasty.

The same thing goes for Catholic Church Friday fish fries.  These churches have been doing them forever.  I've yet to have a bad fish dinner at one.  One bit of advice: go for the fried fish, blackened fish or the fish tacos.  While I've not had a bad fish dinner, the people whom I've attended them with, who've chosen the baked fish, usually talk about how dried out it is.  Understandable, as they are usually held for an hour or so.  Regardless, it's still divine!

For St. Patrick's Day, a lovely Irish film, The Secret of the Kells.  Enjoy!




Slán mo ghrá

Have a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).