Friday, March 10, 2017

The Friday Link for 3/10/17

If I was walking down the street and on the corner ahead of me was a raving mad, delusional, crazy man, screaming about everything, trying to force everyone to acknowledge him, insisting he's smarter than everyone else, and insulting anyone who he deemed unworthy, would I continue on my path?  Nope!  I would cross the street and avoid him.  I sure as heck wouldn't engage the person in a futile attempt at enlightened conversation, hoping for balanced counterpoints and mutual respect.

If I wouldn't do it in the real world, what makes people think I would do it online?

I've had another rash of far right morons try to insult, demean and lie to me, and after I block them, act as if I'm somehow the bad guy because I don't want to talk to ignorant children.  I've said this before; online trolls want to kick in the door of my house, go to the bathroom in the middle of my floor and, with a smug smile and false pride, tell me "You HAVE TO like it!!!"

No, no I don't.

The block button is your friend.  Block people who make your life worse.  If I annoy you, block me!  Please do, it's your right.  You wouldn't be the first.

When it comes to online trolls, Jimmy Kimmel has the best bit with Mean Tweets.  Enjoy the two he did with President Obama, and one of the celebrity ones he's done.  Two quick notes - 1) a lot of language so, you've been warned, 2) it's ironic at the end of the 2nd Obama episode how he goes after  Trump.  I can hear the idiot Trump voters scream at their screens after President Obama's joke, "We'll show you!"  Thanks Idiots!





I hope to see you at the Blue State Ball on Saturday night, but regardless, have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).