Friday, January 6, 2017

The Friday Link for 1/6/17

Nice to have The Late Show with Stephen Colbert back after the holidays.  There seems to be random rumors floating around about how CBS is upset with him and his ratings.  I'm not buying it.  He's so good at what he does, the most natural host of a late night talk show since Carson.  Dead serious about that comparison.  He pushes the envelope better than anyone else.

I think the rumors come from Republicans who are upset about his political leanings.  Judging from the ratings, not including special events (such as when Letterman retired) Colbert is holding pretty tight to The Tonight Show on a regular basis, better than anyone else has.  I think he fits CBS's late night's 'outside' role, and he's a great interviewer.

The only criticism I have for him (as if I matter) is to not cave to network stooges; continue with non-traditional, out of the box late night interviews.  Scientists, authors and business leaders are just as interesting interviews as the biggest actors.  There is nothing wrong with being brainy.

Colbert has the best bit on all late night television, Community Calendar.  He has his guests sit down and do the Community announcement like segment you'd find on cable access in small towns across the country.  Here are three of the community calendars, including last nights hilarious episode with Adam Driver.  I'll also include Nick Offerman and Jeff Daniel's versions.   Enjoy on a Friday night!





Have a nice weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).