Friday, December 2, 2016

The Friday Link for 12/2/16

Some clown in Alexandria (!) thinks 'A Christmas Carol,' the classic Dickens' holiday story about the redemption of a cold hearted fool, is just liberal propaganda.  No seriously.

This clown's name is Steve Moore, and to prove I'm not making this up, here's the link to the story from BlueStem Prairie: http://www.bluestemprairie.com/bluestemprairie/2016/11/since-theater-is-no-place-for-liberal-rants-alex-man-will-boycott-dickens-christmas-carol.html

Who looks at a pre-ghost Ebenezer Scrooge and says, "I like the cut of that man's jib!"?  What kind of dystopian personality insists the extreme serfdom Bob Cratchet lives under is the worker's utopia we should all strive for?  Who listens to the heart warming singing of Tiny Tim and says, "if only the young boy could die!"  What kind of Christian person, at a time of the year when Christians are supposed to be celebrating the gift of Jesus, asks for a gift receipt.

Happy Holiday's from Trump-land, you ungrateful jerks!

To tell the truth, they railed against "It's a Wonderful Life" too, something I detailed in the December 2014 post, 'Waterboarding George Bailey.' 'A Christmas Carol' is a great story, and, if any of it is true, I can only imagine three ghosts will be visiting Trump Tower early in the morning of December 25th.

There are a lot of great TV and film versions of the play, but my favorite is the Albert Finney 1970 musical version.  A few cuts from that one for you as we begin the December Links.  First up, the feel good hit, 'I Hate People'!


Then there is the great song from the days of Christmas Past, 'December the 25th'!


From the Days of Christmas Present, 'I Like Life'.


Then comes one of my favorite all time musical numbers, 'Thank You Very Much'.


Then The Reprise of 'Thank You Very Much'.


Can someone get Marley's ghost over to Steve Moore's house.  Have a great weekend everyone!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).