Sunday, December 11, 2016

Dessa is Super Awesome!

I've had the privilege of talking to a few extremely talented people during my career, but I'm always stunned by Dessa.  Dessa is an all around brilliant singer, musician, writer and artist.  I've interviewed her 5 times, and each time she never shies away from talking the nuts and bolts of the music industry, the inspiration for her intelligent and complex lyrics, responsibility to the community and her opinion on rights and wrongs.  She's also a friendly, intimate talker, who creates warm conversations.



Go get 'Parts of Speech,' her album from 2013.  I think it's top ten all time Minneapolis/St. Paul albums (I'm particularly fond of Fighting Fish).  Her stuff with Doomtree is dynamic, where she melds in with the incredibly talented crew.  She's branched out, working with Minnesota choral groups, and she has an upcoming gig in April with the Minnesota Orchestra.  She's also on the Hamilton Mixtape, currently the number one album in America.

Here's the link to the interview I did with her a few weeks back.  This is, without a doubt, my most listened to interview I've ever done on AM 950.  It's all her, not me.  Something to brighten your mood during darker days.

https://soundcloud.com/am950-show-podcasts/dessa-the-hamilton-mixtape





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).