Friday, September 16, 2016

The Friday Link for 9/16/16

Was there any doubt I'd be going with the triumphant return of Keith Olbermann tonight?

To begin, let me post this gem from back in his MSNBC days.  This was when the Republicans were calling for secession, because they hated the fact the President was black.  He absolutely takes Rick Perry to the wood shed:



Keith Olbermann is a hero for me.  Back when this country was making zero sense, he showed up.  He started asking the questions no one else dared ask, pointing out the injustices everyone else was ignoring, and became a royal thorn in the side of the W. Administration.

I'd always enjoyed him when he was on ESPN.  I was heartbroken when he left MSNBC.  I was heartbroken when he left The Current.  And when he left ESPN the second time, where he was primarily a sports commentator (hey, I'll take what I can get) I thought it was all over.

I've actually talked with people who've worked with him.  They said he's one of the smartest people they'd ever met.  Paraphrasing one of them - "His mind is just working on a different level than everyone else's, so he can seem personality negative, but he wasn't.  He intimidated a lot of people, including bosses.  I respected his intelligence and I really liked him."

He's also one of the smartest baseball minds I've ever heard.

Kudos to the geniuses at GQ who have given them a presence on their online media realm.  He's created The Closer, a 5-8 minute commentary segment where he goes for the jugular of the conservatives in America today.  So far, he's had four shows and already delivered the best takedown of Trump since Jon Stewart left the air.  Here are his first three segments.  The first one, "176 Shocking..." is 17:25, but it is SO worth it.

I'm glad you're back Keith.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).