Friday, July 15, 2016

The Friday Link for 7/15/16

After another tough news week, and personal disappointment in regards to my NOT finding the Hopkins Raspberry Festival's Golden Raspberry medallion, again, I decided to go to my home turf for today's Friday Link.

I love Doctor Who.  The show has been around for well over 50 years.  The debut episode aired in Britain on the day Kennedy was shot in Dallas.  That's longevity.

Part of the appeal of the show is the fact the character can regenerate, completely changing their appearance to heal themselves, maintaining a long life.  There have been twelve Doctor regenerations, plus the War Doctor (played by John Hurt) and the 10th did a half regeneration.

I should also mention the regeneration from the 6th into the 7th was originally done without the 6th, as he got upset about his unceremonious dumping.  They re-did his for various formats later.  Also, the quality of the tape on the 1st to 2nd has deteriorated quite a bit and so it might seem choppy.  The regeneration itself has been recovered.

Some of the clips are longer than others with the 11th to 12th being particularly long, but they are all here.  I love this show.  Please enjoy and have a great weekend!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).