Friday, May 6, 2016

The Friday Link for 5/6/16

So tonight...who am I kidding!  I'm mailing it in.  

As I mentioned before, May sucks for my family.  We are constantly running around, but this Friday night, the schedule took a break.  I had an evening without sports, music or a class project to worry about.  I could actually do something fun with the kids! 

I went out to the Minnesota Arboretum tonight to go see the beautiful flowering trees with my daughters.  If you've not seen them when they're in full bloom, it is one of the most spectacular color displays nature produces.

But I get the feeling many of you have seen them, as clearly most of you were at the Arboretum this evening.

Right past Paisley Park, the traffic started.  We left our house at 5:20, and at 6:45, we were still in traffic, about 300 yards from the entrance.  We were thinking there must've been a very serious accident on the road, as traffic which isn't moving at all isn't normal.  Nope!  Just a million people trying to get out to see the flowers.  Realizing we were still an hour from actually seeing anything, we turned around, visited Paisley Park (my third time!  Worth the visit !), grabbed some dinner and went home.  We got back in at 8:25.

I like the Arboretum and all, but this makes me want to burn my Membership Card.  The heck with you, beautiful flowers.

To Colbert!  First something quite blasphemous!  I was laughing so hard about God's reaction at learning Trump was the GOP nominee, it woke up my entire family.  It's pretty gutsy, but, as a Catholic, I thought it was a hoot!



And here's his take on the North Carolina Bathroom Bill.  His line at the end says it all.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).