Thursday, April 21, 2016

Prince

I'm stunned, flattened, in complete disbelief.  Prince died today.

I was at the grocery store and a person came in, ranting about "how sad it is, every station is talking about, he went too early..."  I thought she said Prince, but I said no way.  As I was pushing my cart to the car, I checked my phone to see that the BBC had the headline.

Prince was Minneapolis in the 1980's.  We had Hüsker Dü, The Replacements, The Suburbs but nothing was bigger than Prince.  He was one of the few artists who appealed to everyone.

I think it's great Bob Dylan had the big mural on the side of the building off of Hennepin Avenue, but considering what he did for music, what he did for Minnesota, and his never wavering commitment to the state, Prince should get the IDS tower.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).