Friday, April 22, 2016

Draping the World in Purple

I'm still in shock about the loss of Prince, as are many of his fans.  Last night, I stopped by briefly at the big dance party in Minneapolis.  It was wonderful to see so many people celebrating his life.


Here are some of the salutes he received from around the world:

My favorite international one so far is from Scotland and Edinburgh Castle.


London




Glasgow


Leeds


Paris


Australia, Sydney and Melbourne



Canada; Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver




Tokyo


And in the USA, Baltimore


Boston and Massachusetts




Chicago


Cincinnati


Cleveland (love the skyscraper)



Dallas


Denver


Hollywood


Indianapolis


Las Vegas



Los Angeles



Miami


Milwaukee



New Orleans


New York City




Niagara Falls (I think the really purple one is edited)



Orlando


Pittsburgh


Portland, OR


San Diego



San Francisco



Seattle


Spokane


Washington DC



Then it's onto Minnesota.  First, Paisley Park, and what I swear is not a edited photo.  This rainbow was on the backside of a thunderstorm which came through that afternoon.


A foggy Duluth



The Minnesota State Fairgrounds


St. Paul




At the Mumford and Sons concert at the Xcel Energy Center


First Avenue in Minneapolis





Minneapolis...










Listen to his music and enjoy him!  Thats what Prince really was all about; the music.  I will enjoy it, sadly.  Here are two final images for you.  First, from the Minneapolis Skyway, his words:



And finally, my favorite picture of him, taken over by Orchestra Hall.  The mural is still there.  It is so appropriate...


Thank you Prince.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).