Friday, December 18, 2015

The Friday Link for 12/18/15

Official notice, most of my Christmas cards have not gone out yet, nor have the photos and gifts to my brothers and sisters, or the gifts for my parents, nor have I purchased the final gifts for my family.   Yikes...one bright spot, I do have the meat ready to go for my Christmas dinner.  A fine looking prime rib, indeed!

For some holiday fun on a Friday, I turn to Rowan Atkinson and the genius that is his Mr. Bean.  I think Mr. Bean was one of the more unlikely success stories in comedy.  I don't think anyone else could've made Mr. Bean funny, but Atkinson made him brilliant.  There were times I'd watch either the television show or the movies, and even though the comedy is simple, Atkinson's nebbish, weird, dolt of a man would have me laughing hysterically.

The first Mr. Bean skit I ever saw was the receiving line for the Queen.  Dear Lord is it funny!



This next skit proves why simple is sometimes the best comedy.  It's a holiday skit with Mr. Bean and a nativity scene, but he relates to the audience by doing what everyone else did as a kid (and occasionally still does), turn the nativity skit into an action figure play set.  I love the Dalek.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).