Thursday, November 26, 2015

Thanksgiving 2015

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!  With a little snow in the metro this morning, a reminder to drive safe this weekend.  Here's this year's menu lineup:

Appetizers - Shrimp and Irish cheese

Turkey
Traditional stuffing with mushrooms and sausage
Mashed potatoes
Green bean casserole
Butternut squash
Cranberry sauce
Pumpkin and Pecan pie

The menu is very similar to the menu from last year.  I like my cooking!  The turkey's in the oven and the only other thing that has to be made today is the stuffing.

My thankful list for 2015:  Bryan is not only one of the best producers I've ever worked with, he's also my friend.  I could not do this every morning without him.  At the station, Chad, Ian, Jayne, everyone else, all the part timers, and a big shoutout to Meng, who left the station on Tuesday after a wildly successful run.

The listeners are brilliant!  I love your calls, your tweets, your e-mails and your messages.  I could not roll out of bed at 4 AM on a consistent basis if not for the wonderful interactions I'm blessed to partake in every day.

Thank you also to great guests.  The regulars:  Ken Martin, Cory Zurowski, Susan Du, Jeff Stein, Dan Brooks, Cliff Schecter and the amazing Briana Bierschbach.  Of the interviews I've done, these were some of my favorite guests -  Ben Johnson, Mike McCabe, Larry Millett, Aaron Rupar, Jeremy Walker, Paul Thissen, Erin Murphy, Devin Henry, Derek Thompson, Tamatha Perlman, Courtney Yasmineh, Trace Beaulieu, Steve Werle, Bill Corbett, Matt Cassady, Rebecca Otto, Katie Pierson, Stew Thornley, Beth Dooley, Perry Bowers, Jack Rice, Terry John Zila, Randal Dietrich, Robbie Massie, Astronaut Abby, Scott Wolter, Sims from Doomtree, Robin Asbell, Giovanni Zelko, Fayette Hauser, Deanna White, Frank Coniff, Michael Brodkorb and Alan Miller.  There were also so many other politicians, musicians, artists and great authors I've had the absolute pleasure of talking with this last year.

Please support the sponsors of the station.  There are a lot of great businesses supporting the station, but I want to say a special thanks to The Park Tavern, Rudy Luther Toyota Scion, Great Clips, and The Minnesota Historical Society for sponsoring the Morning Grind.

Remember buy local Saturday!  It is very important for the business owners and your local community.  For many stores, it's the make or break day of the year.  BUY LOCAL!

Enjoy your Thanksgiving.  A moment of reflection for all of those forced to work today...

...and Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).