Friday, September 25, 2015

The Friday Link for 9/25/15

Hockey!  I can't play it to save myself, but I love watching it.  For pure excitement, no sport is better.

I love the Wild too.  I am so excited for the beginning of the 2015-16 season.  I took my father to the first matchup the Wild had with the original Minnesota team, the former NorthStars, now just the Dallas Stars.  We sat row 1, on the ice, on the Wild goalie side for the 1st and 3rd.  We won that game 6-0.  The next morning, the fledgling ESPN website featured a picture of our goalie, Jamie McLennan, with my father right behind him waving a towel.  He told me it was one of his favorite hockey memories.

With that, let me bring in Keith Olbermann and a hilarious take down of the fake history and prestige sports leagues and franchises wrap themselves in.  As the NHL tries to romanticize the Original Six, Keith does a great job of exposing the myth the league has successfully turned into fact.

By the way, isn't it time for Olbermann to get back into the political ring...PLEASE.

WARNING - heavy sports content, but funny!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).