Friday, July 3, 2015

The Friday Link for 7/3/15

I'm back!  It was lovely up north.  I'm hoping to get some more writing about my adventures and observations on the blog before too long.  I spent my only free writing time this week on the previous post from Wednesday about he burning of churches, but I do have thoughts on northern Minnesota and mining I'll get to.  Plus my flowers are looking great, so look for some photos of them.  As far as my vegetable gardens, rabbits got into my green beans.  Hasenpfeffer anyone?

As we get ready for the 4th of July tomorrow, let me first wish everyone a safe and happy holiday.  Enjoy some fireworks and Bar-B-Que, and since we are celebrating the founding of the United States of America, tossing out a confederate flag would seem, to me at least, a perfect way to embrace the holiday spirit.

Fireworks can be fun, but outside of lighting some off in my yard tomorrow, I'll be at home enjoying a fire pit in the evening hours.  The fighting to get to a fireworks spot, having to deal with crowds, parking and the time to get home, turned me off awhile back.  Plus, I'm not a fan of the fireworks which are just a loud boom.  They're not fun, they're annoying and they scare the heck out of pets.  I have a friend who will turn his computer to the river in Minneapolis tomorrow and live stream the fireworks.  I'll enjoy the show from my own house.

For a patriotic Friday Link, let me send it to the Muppets.  Sam the American Eagle is one of my favorite characters in the troupe, and he is featured front and center here.  The bear in the back makes me laugh every time I see this.  Enjoy and have a wonderful 4th of July...weirdos!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXeIxtI--uc



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).