Friday, July 17, 2015

The Friday Link for 7/17/15

I enjoy Paul Rudd.  He is an everyman actor, with an amazing comedic ability.  He is so underrated too.  Most people remember his first major gig in the movie Clueless, the only actor who seems to have escaped that film with a career, but it was Wet Hot American Summer which really launched him.  The cult favorite is becoming movie royalty, with a TV series, he stars in as well, debuting July 31st.

I'm eagerly looking forward to taking my kids to see Ant-Man on Monday, but if you want to get some great laughs, you can't go wrong with the aforementioned Wet Hot American Summer, the Anchorman movies, The 40 Year Old Virgin, I Love You Man, This is 40, and This is the End.

For a Friday Laugh, I give you two clips from him.  The first is a no brainer for me, as a massive fan of the band Rush.  This is a Funny or Die clip, which is a sequel of sorts to I Love You Man, where the two obsessed Rush fans from the movie, Rudd and a great Jason Segel, sneak back stage to meet Rush.  Rush themselves have a pretty good joke or two, as the band aired this a few years back, at the end of the Time Machine Tour, the show I caught at the Minnesota State Fair.  On a side note: on the R40 tour they are currently on, Rudd and Segel show up again during the rap for Rush's Roll The Bones.  So cool.  Here's Paul Rudd meets Rush:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iq3yjfoorsU

For the second cut tonight, Paul is part of the Anchorman 2 crew for what is one of the funniest moments ever in movies, the RV scene.  I just watched it again and I'm in tears.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUEDVMOMY24






No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).