Wednesday, May 6, 2015

The Scariest Weather Video Ever

In conjunction with the blog post, The New Not-Normal, I wanted to put up what I consider to be the scariest weather video I have ever seen.  It may not look like much, but it's terrifying to me.

This time lapse video was taken by a camera aimed toward the east in Madison, Wisconsin.  What you see is Hurricane Sandy coming ashore.  As this cloud bank moves over Wisconsin, the hurricane eye itself is slamming into New Jersey.  This could be the largest storm I have ever seen.

The time lapse gives this storm the anger you'd expect.  As Wisconsin sees the edge of this, remember that Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, West Virginia, Pennsylvania and New Jersey are all covered by this monster, and that's only half of the storm!

Tornados don't scare me too much.  You really have to be unlucky to get tagged by one of them.  Lightning?  I wear rubber soled shoes.  Blizzards, heatwaves, flash floods?  I am cautious, but nothing scares me like hurricanes.  I live in Minnesota to make sure I don't experience another one in my life.  Minnesota is also good for avoiding earthquakes too.

Nature always wins.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvN0IwzdFNo




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).