Friday, April 3, 2015

The Friday Link for 4/3/15

Snoopy!  I love Snoopy, something enforced by my sister when my kids ask their auntie if she liked the Peanuts characters, and she replied "yes, we all did, but none more than your dad."

Easter is a holiday I love too.  It's important for me and my family, but that's because we're Catholic.  I do understand many people aren't, but how do I convey a little Good Friday fun without getting too preachy.  Snoopy saves the day.

It's the Easter Beagle Charlie Brown is a classic holiday cartoon, which does not have too much religious symbolism in it, or so I thought.  Watching it again when I had kids, there is clearly a message being sent when Snoopy is staring sternly at the audience with Woodstock's nest on his head.  Watch it yourself and tell me that Schultz isn't making a reference to the crown of thorns.

For the Friday link, let me check the religion at the door.  Here is the classic scene where Snoopy is dancing with bunnies.  Enjoy and have a great weekend regardless of what you are up too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ANyHZ59KZA




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).