Friday, April 24, 2015

The Friday Link for 4/24/15

It's been pretty light this week on the blog.  I could make up some lie about doing something important, but all I did was lounge on the couch, watching Orphan Black and eating my middle class tax break Funyuns and Yoo-Hoo (Thanks MNGOP!).  I promise blog posts ripping on Huckabee and the racist Representative from Becker sometime this weekend.

It's been nice to revisit my old friend the TV, now being presented in a wide variety of formats.  I binge watched the new series from Yahoo Screen, Other Space, which my guest from Thursday's show, Trace Beaulieu, is a cast member.  I knew after the Morning Grind on Thursday, I wanted to feature Trace in some capacity on this week's Friday Link.  Other Space is brand new, and very good.  Here is a link for the series:

https://screen.yahoo.com/other-space/

I highly recommend the entire season, but episode three and four are especially great.  By the way, if you didn't hear the interview from Thursday's show (I sound like a 13 year old at a One Direction concert), here's the link for it:

https://soundcloud.com/am950s-best-interviews/the-morning-grind-trace-bileau-april-23-2015

I thought about featuring Cinematic Titanic as well this week, the revisiting of movie riffing from Trace, Joel, Josh, Frank and Mary Jo, but there are two problems with doing so.  The first is I featured them on a Friday Link awhile back, posting one of their promos for Rattlers.  I don't want to go to the well to often.  Plus, I really encourage you to buy the entire DVD collection and prepare yourself to laugh your caboose off.  Go buy them all!  OBEY ME!

http://www.cinematictitanic.com

So let me go back to the golden days, to June of 1991, a revisit one of my all time favorite Mystery Science Theater 3000's.  Cave Dwellers!  Never has a nipple made a funnier doorbell sound.  Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKO6M8heGU0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).