Friday, February 13, 2015

The Friday Link for 2/13/15

I've had a light week on the blog.  Sorry.  Been really busy with things but I promise something new this weekend.

With running around a lot, I've been listening to the comedy channel on satellite radio.  It's mighty dirty at times, but I've been in near tears laughing with some of the bits.  Very enjoyable.

One comedian I've had the joy of following is Patton Oswalt.  Most people would remember him as the voice of Remy from Ratatouille or from the King of Queens, but the guy has been in so many things at this point that most people recognize him, even if they don't know where from.  One of my favorites is from the extremely underrated show Justified.

His comedy style is very relatable, as he makes most of his jokes while telling very engaging stories.  The stories he has about his kids and his life are sensational.  I love the bits about his car being bugged, New York City and about the big chicken leg.  Get his albums, they're worth it.

He's quite a good actor.  I mentioned the more serious Justified and he had a role in Caprica.  Most of roles he takes would be categorized as enjoyable comic relief, but do not underestimate his acting chops.

He is most known for his comedic TV roles and he's one of the greatest improv talents I've ever seen.  Both are highlighted tonight in a clip from the great TV show Parks and Recreation.  The scene required him to do an improv for as long as he could and he does not disappoint.  For me, maybe it's because he is so good at it, making his improv have intensity and purpose, maybe it's about everything sic-fi I love besides Doctor Who.  It's brilliance, plain and simple.  A great laugh for a Friday night.  Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BBhNkywMJY



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).