Friday, November 7, 2014

The Friday Link for 11/7/14

I know there are some who've had a rough week.  Not me mind you, I'm still very proud of Minnesota voters, but I think I need to pull in the comedic big guns on this Friday.

I have a writer friend who asked on Facebook, "what we were into in the late 80's/early 90's."  As I was remembering my thin waist, thick hair and stunning tastes of the day, I was reminded of the first time I saw Mystery Science Theater 3000.  A fellow soldier in Nuremberg had received a video tape of the show from Minneapolis and we watched it, not knowing what to expect.  We were on the floor laughing, six or seven GI's crying tears as they ripped apart the horrific movies.  

I'm not exaggerating when I say their better episodes are among the funniest things ever broadcast. The films were God awful, and deserved every bit of ridicule they received, but what was truly ethereal was the movie shorts and class room films the show tackled, usually as filler for a shorter main feature (a single episode of the show was a two hour long festival); shorts which, in hindsight, seemed to have been made to be mocked relentlessly.

One of the best is the clip I have for you tonight, Mr. B Natural!  This little quiverfull self gratifier is targeted perfectly for the obvious and less obvious elements, both disgusting and intriguing.  There is some serious gender confusion going on in this one.  I have no doubt when Tea Bag Republicans talk about the good ol' days, they look in awe at this ditty.  Thank goodness MST3K saved us all!

An earlier Friday Link features Rattlers from the Cinematic Titanic crew, mostly the same people who brought you this gem.

Mock the right, watch the clip!  Laugh and forget your troubles.  It's the Friday Link!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll review it and as long as it's not dirty, I'll post it (even if you disagree with me).